× Suicide ×

Yesterday, my mom told me that my neighbour committed suicide.
I don't know his name but he's only 33 years old (34 years old in the Chinese calender) and he's Chinese. (LOL).

Ok, so here's the story.
My neighbour had an accident about a year ago on a bicycle. The other victim was a Bangladesh man on a motorbike. My neighbour injured his leg and lost an eye.
Unfortunely, the doctors told my neighbour that his leg couldn't be fixed. So, he kept on taking painkillers. It would make sense that if you're on painkillers, eventually, there won't be any effects cause your body has made adjustments.

(According to my neighbour's family) The pain was too much for him so, he would cry every night. And yell at people. I think he couldn't stand the pain anymore, so, he decided to take his life away.

He hung himself by his bedroom window with a raffia string. He tied himself to the window grill and then, stood up using a chair. And when it was time, he kicked the chair away and there he goes...

Actually, I'm kinda glad that he did that cause now, he don't need to suffer anymore. He can just live his life on the other side peacefully. His family is gonna carry out the ritual tonight. You know? The burning the paper house and stuff. Those who are NOT Chinese and don't understand our culture would never understand. It's tradition. So, don't mock it. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik