Picking Up Drums ♫

A few months ago (around April or May, I'm not sure), I picked up drumming with lessons.
I've tried guitar and violin before and they weren't exactly my cup of tea. Ahah.
I mean, sure, I love the sounds of the violin and guitar but I just suck at playing them.
I had no passion nor did I feel my heart beat with fire when I played them. ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

So. After becoming a fan of One Ok Rock, I began to watch and listen to Tomoya's drumming - subconsciously. I never really notice that I love the beat of the drums this much until now. ☆
After much debate with myself, about taking up drums or not, I decided to just do it.
I didn't have that many months left until I left for KL to start my degree. And I knew that I'd, most probably, be working after I'm done with my degree. So, there wasn't much time for me to learn a new instrument during or after college.

It has been about 2 - 3 months since I started drumming.
And I absolutely love every minute of it - more than I did with guitars and violins. ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ
Unfortunately, I'll be stopping my lessons this month due to moving away to KL. So, boo.
I really dread for the day that I have to part with drums. Because I don't own a set of it yet, so I can't practice at all when I'm in KL - unless I find a studio or a music place that allows me to rent the drums to practice. (;▽;)

I do plan on getting a part time job but that depends on my schedule.
So, boo, again. Ughhhh. ヽ(●゚´Д`゚●)ノ I regretted not picking up drumming in my early years, so much.

That aside. I poked around YouTube for any One Ok Rock drum covers.
Or any of my favourite songs' drum covers. ♡
These are just a few of my personal favourites (in no particular order)~

#1 - Monster by Paramore (Cobus)


#2 - Misery Business by Paramore (Meytal Cohen)


#3 - BELOVED×SURVIVAL by Gero (Sho)


#4 - Guren no Yumiya by Linked Horizon (Sho)


#5 - Mukuro Attack!! by Utsu-P feat. Hatsune Miku (Krovi)


#6 - Pokemon Theme Song (Santtu)


#7 - Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (Cobus)


#8 - Beat It by Michael Jackson (Cobus)


There are a wholeeeeeeeeee lot more but I think those drum covers are one of my most favourites.
Btw, I never really knew about Cobus until my drum teacher told me about him. ヾ(´▽`;)ゝ
Ahah. Anyways. I hope I'll be able to find a way to continue practicing during my degree~ ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik