My Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO (80OHM)

On Friday (9th August), my family went out to Gurney Paragon. (-^〇^-)
I desperately needed to get a new pair of headphones because one side of my earphones died on me and the wiring is starting to peak out. My hearing has also dulled over the past year due to excessive usage. And also, I'm moving to KL soon. So, a new pair of cans - here I come! (ノ*゜▽゜*)

Recently, I saw Jaben opened up a new branch in Gurney Paragon.
They have another branch at Straits Quay but it's kinda complicated to get there, in my opinion.
So, conveniently, they had a shop in Gurney Paragon! Woohoo~ ★★★

Anyways.
I visited their Gurney Paragon's shop and woah. Seriously love their staffs.
Really friendly and easy to talk to. I didn't feel intimated at all - which is rare for me.
I freak out with human interaction - especially if they're strangers.
I was wearing my Kyubey shirt on that day. And one of the staffs just came up to me and said something about wanting to become a mahou shoujo. LOL. It was epic. (≧∇≦)
And so, instead on wandering aimlessly around, I decided to just asked them if they had any headphone recommendations that is closed-back, full size and suitable for metalcore and rock.

He instantly recommended the Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO (80 OHM).
VERY PRICEY. I ALMOST DIED HEARING THE PRICE. HOREYSHIATTTTT.
But I tried it on and man, I didn't wanna take them off. It was just audiophile heaven.
The bass was incredible. It wasn't too loud and wasn't too soft. The presence of it was just perfect, in my opinion. I played my noisiest metalcore songs. And woah, the hi-hats and crashes weren't distortedly loud and ear piercing AT ALL. Everything just blended in. The vocals were very clear, based on my ballad and metalcore songs. Everything was just perfect. And the pads were really comfortable. The clamping was just nice as it sat on my head. I love the overall feel and size of it.

Due to the price, I asked if they had any other cheaper recommendations.
I was recommended Grado Alessandro (I forgot which model was it ahah) and the Audio Technica ATH-M50. I tried on both of the headphones. The Alessandro was pretty great (cause Grado IS made for rock music anyways LOL) but unfortunately, they were opened-back. I cannot have opened-back headphones because 1) I'll be listening at a library or any other public places, 2) People aren't too keen on metalcore and rock genre and 3) I can hear everything around me. I listen to my music at a pretty loud volume and what more, it's metalcore LOL. Then, I tried the ATH M50. They were okay-ish but I hated how the hi-hats sounded through it. It's just UGHHH. PLEASE GET THESE OFF ME NAO. Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

And then, I was back at the first recommendation. I was offered the 250 ohm version. They were the same price but the 250 ohm version required an amp whilst the 80 ohm didn't really need an amp. I knew it was quite troublesome to carry an amp around so I turned down the 250 ohm vers. Ahah. (⊙﹏⊙ )

After a discussion with my parents, we talked about the 3 choices. And my dad told me to get the Beyerdynamics DT770 PRO. Like what the fark did he just say? These headphones are bloody expensive. I would have to save up 4 years worth of red packets that I receive during Chinese New Year. THAT was how expensive it was. Horeyshiat.



My dad made the decision. So, we got the Hari Raya bundle.
It was bundled with an amp and the headphone's casing.
Please don't ask about the price kthxbai. It would kill everyone. Homaigawd. (*ノωノ)



My babehs out of the box. Btw, I still haven't named it yet. (●´・д・`●)
I burnt in these awesome babehs with pink noise, white noise, brown noise and a bunch of songs of various genre for 16 hours, continuously - overnight. I know it's not a good thing to do but I did turn down the volume so the drivers don't die on me the next day wtf. I let my headphones rest for a few hours after I woke up. And now, as I'm typing, they're being burnt in with my metalcore songs at a normal volume. Btw, I was told by the staff member to clamp the headphones to the box to loosen it up a bit, overnight. It's much more comfortable after being loosen overnight~ (ノ´ー`)ノ

Btw, I did give a listen before I started the burning in process.
And yes, I do hear a difference after it was burnt in. The drums and guitars don't sound as harsh as it was the first time. The vocals are more prominent. The bass sounds smoother and I can hear it clearer now. It doesn't sound as muddy as the first time. I can't wait till I burn in these babehs after 40 hours (or 100 hours).

Btw, as the logo of Jaben was a bear. They had teddy bears in the shop.
And my mom kept of poking them to give them as free gifts.
At first, they politely refused because they were given to regular customers and etc.
But they gave in, in the end LOL. (ノ>▽<。)ノ



The power of my mom poking them about it LOLOL. XD
I'm really glad my mom poked them about it. They are such a cute pair of stuffed toys~ ♡

Aside from that, I'm currently enjoying my new babeh. I've been having it on my head for more than 3 hours and it still doesn't hurt at all. Mind you, I wear spectacles. So, this is already awesome enough for me. My previous pair of cans was quite painful to wear for hours. Ugh. I think I might do a full (and proper) review of these babehs when it's fully burnt in~ (´ω`★) But overall, I love my new pair of cans and couldn't ask for anything more awesome than these~!!
110% pleased with it. ☆

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik