Confession Time: I Am A Fellow Fandubber ("Utattemita")

Truth to be told, I do song covers on YouTube.



I have been fandubbing since mid-November 2008 but went on indefinite hiatus due to insecurities.
I got into fandubbing when I heard Micchi's song covers and some other random fandubs.
I really wanted to try out, to experience how does it feel to hear praises and critisms.
And so, I suck up all my guts and was encouraged by Waffle-chan to audition for her groupdub.
Although, I didn't make it but I felt joy in singing.


That joy of singing led me to various YouTube auditions.
(Bear in mind that I was already in the mid-craze of Hello! Project idols.)
Unfortunately, though, most of the groups were really inactive so I dropped out from half of 'em.

This is my complete list of fandubbing groups. Sometimes, I'm in two groups within the groupdub team.

☆ Yuujou (Haato Project)
★ Haato Revolution (Haato Project)
☆ °R-ainbow (Shiawase Generation)
★ F-reeze (Icy Star Project)
☆ Yume Fuyu (Amaii Mikan)
★ Kawaii Love (H!P International)
☆ K-yuuto as Kanna (Shiawase! Projects)
★ STR* (Japan Star Project)
☆ D♥oki (D♥oki D♥oki Project)
★ Fujiiro~Rira (Murasaki Project)
☆ TokiDoki (Pikuchi Project)
★ Suki Namida (Kokoro Arashi)

The only groups that were really active were Haato Project and Japan Star Project (J*P).
I truly enjoyed my time on both of the forums. I got to know other people who share the same passion as me.
Until we disbanded. I'm still kinda sad about it.

Honestly, I've been out of the fandubbing "business" for almost over a year already.
I guess, I just lost interest after all the school work and college crap and serious decision making came into my crappy life.
But now, I have renewed my love for singing once more. And I plan on making a comeback.
*hinthintwinkwink*

Okay, I gotta admit - I SUCK AT SINGING SO BADLY.
But this time, I don't wanna give up. I wanna see how far my vocals can go. It's been out-of-shape. XD
I decided to get back into this fandubbing business after watching the anime, Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000%. This anime made a big impact on my life. (I'm getting all mushy nao lolz)
After watching that anime, I realized how stupid I was to quit singing. I was getting better at it (IMO) but I stopped and now, I'm back to square one. How smart of me. /sarcasm

Btw, I can't stop singing Orpheus (the opening song of UtaPri)! *randomtime!*
This song made me realize I can actually do low notes. Like, holy shizzle. Someone pinch me naooo!!
I'm still working on the timing and pitch and pronounciation though. Gah. So much work!
But I love singing that song so much. ♥ ♥
It makes me feel so rawr-ish. XD *shot*

Aside from that, I private-d all my fandub videos due to fear that my ex-schoolmates might find out and make a laughing stock out of it. (There is only ONE of my close friends who knows though)
I think I'll un-private 'em after I get out a better fandub out there. \m/
(My YouTube account will be on the Navigation bar. Heh. Finally. XP)
Nao, you can laugh at me. _| ̄|○

I think I shall stop blogging about this, for now.
I shall fangirl about the songs I wanna sing... later. ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Now, you know my secret. I've been trying to keep it to myself but honestly, I can't hold it in anymore.
I wanna share my fandubs this blog. And it kills me not being able to due to my stupid insecurities!

PS: I've always wanted to do screamo but I can't cause I know I'll damage my vocal cords and I probably sound like someone who has smoked for a million years. 8D

PPS: I still a little embarassed talking about it so publicly cause I suck at singing lolz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik